Well of GRACE Ministries is a 501( c ) 3 non-profit organization. Our funding comes entirely from
generous individuals, organizations, churches, civic groups and foundations.
Address: 5707 Red Arrow Hwy, Box 130 Stevensville, MI 49127
Phone: 269-428-WELL (9355) Fax: 269-281-7414
© Copyright Well of GRACE Ministries - 2014 All Rights Reserved
What is Anorexia Nervosa?
By definition, Anorexia Nervosa is self-starvation to at least 15% below appropriate weight.It is important to keep in mind that anorexia is the result of long term malnutrition not due to poor parenting.
What is Binge Eating Disorder?
Eating Disorder Awareness
Eating disorders are serious diseases that can be fatal. The longer they go unrecognized and/or unaddressed, the more difficult they are to treat. SMEDA/Lakeshore is an organization that is comprised of physicians & advanced practitioners, therapists and registered dietitians in the area that work as a team to diagnose and treat ED.
According to the National Eating Disorder Association, a person who "binges on food an average of twice weekly in a three-month time period, followed by" behavior that is meant to prevent weight gain has Bulimia Nervosa.
According to NEDA (National Eating Disorders Association) Binge Eating (also Bingeing) is “consuming an amount of food that is considered much larger than the amount that most individuals would eat under similar circumstances within a discrete period of time."
- Not all anorexics are thin, and that anorexics can and do eat.
- Eating disorders are a misuse of food to resolve emotional problems.
- Fat-free eating is not healthy eating.
- When children restrict food in their early years, they are greatly risk to become overweight adults.
- Most fashion models are thinner than 98% of Americans.
- To lose weight effectively, eat healthfully, not less.
- 95% of dieters regain their lost weight within one to five years.
For more information visit SMEDA